Andhra Pepper Chicken Recipe is a delicious chicken recipe that you can serve either as a starter or as a side dish along with your meal. Try this recipe, if you are looking for a delicious chicken recipe.
Andhra Pepper Chicken Recipe is a delicious chicken recipe that you can serve either as a starter or as a side dish along with your meal.
This recipe is very famous in most of the Andhra Non Veg restaurants and is loved by everyone. So if you are craving this chicken, you can always make it in your kitchen.
In this Andhra Pepper Chicken Recipe, pepper plays a major role in providing the hot taste needed and tastes yummy and leave you wanting for more. You will get the sharp taste of pepper in every morsel of this chicken you eat.
Serve Andhra Pepper Chicken Recipe along with steamed rice
How to make Andhra Pepper ChickenPrint This
500 grams Chicken , chopped to cubes with bone
1 Onion, chopped
2 tablespoons Garlic, minced
2 teaspoons Ginger , grated
3 Green Chillies, chopped
Salt, to taste
2 tablespoons Lemon juice, (and 1 teaspoon more)
12 Curry leaves
2 teaspoons Coriander (Dhania) Powder
1/2 teaspoon Turmeric powder (Haldi)
Cooking oil, to cook
2-1/2 tablespoons Whole Black Peppercorns , freshly crushed
1/2 cup Coriander (Dhania) Leaves , chopped
- To begin making Andhra Pepper Chicken Recipe, take a big bowl and marinate the chicken pieces with turmeric powder, ginger garlic paste, salt and lemon juice, mix and keep refrigerated for 30 minutes.
- Heat oil in a deep frying pan, once the oil is hot, temper the oil with cinnamon stick, cloves and 3/4 portion of curry leaves and saute it for about 30 seconds.
- After 30 seconds, add the chopped onions and saute till they turn golden and start to caramelize.
- Once the onions are starting to brown, immediately add chopped green chillies and marinated chicken, saute for about 2 minutes.
- Add coriander powder and crushed pepper, mix well and cook on low flame until the curry comes together from sides of the pan. Stirring, intermittently sprinkle water as and when required. This will take about 4 to 5 minutes.
- Add about 1/4 cup water, once water starts boiling, reduce the heat and cover. Cook until the chicken is tender and cooked. Once the chicken is soft cooked, open the lid and stir on medium heat till the moisture evaporates .
- Sprinkle chopped 3/4 cup of coriander and cook for 2 minutes.
- Before serving garnish with 1 teaspoon crushed pepper, 1 teaspoon lemon juice and remaining coriander leaves.