Cheesy Chicken Ala Kiev Recipe is one of the popular appetisers of Russia, Ukraine and East Europe. Here tender juicy chicken breast is thinly sliced, flattened and then garlic herbed butter goes inside the chicken as a filling and these chicken rolls are then dipped in a coating of flour, egg and breadcrumbs and fried after a gooey filling added to it.
It is the traditional way of making Cheesy Chicken Ala Kiev. The original Cheesy Chicken Ala Kiev has a bone that sticks out like a handle (just for presentation). Here I added some mozzarella cheese with the herbed garlic butter fillings to make it more tastier and also did not cook with bone. If you want, you can without adding mozzarella cheese. The dripping goodness is so appetizing and amazing when served for parties and get together.
How to make Chicken Ala Kiev Recipe (Chicken With Garlic Cheese)Print This
- 2 Chicken breasts
- 1/2 cup Vegetable Oil, to fry
- 2 Whole Eggs
- 1/2 cup All Purpose Flour (Maida)
- 1 cup Bread crumbs
- 1 cup Butter
- 2 tablespoons Garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon Red Chilli flakes, (optional)
- Salt, to taste
- Black pepper powder, to taste
- 1/4 cup Parsley leaves
- 1 cup Mozzarella cheese, grated
- To begin making Cheesy Chicken Ala Kiev Recipe (Chicken With Garlic Cheese), in a mixing bowl, combine butter, chopped parsley, red chilli flakes (if using) and minced garlic. Mix well with a fork till the flavours are incorporated well into the butter.
- Then keep this bowl in the refrigerator for about 10 minutes or until a bit firm.
- Cut each chicken breast into equally thin to about four pieces and then using a rolling pin roll them out to make them flat.
- Sprinkle some salt and pepper over the chicken breasts.
- Take out the butter from fridge, place about 2 tablespoons of butter mixture in the centre of each rolled out chicken breast. Also add about 2 tablespoons of grated mozzarella cheese on each chicken breast piece, roll each chicken breast tightly to seal the edges.
- Keep them on a tray, cover with plate and refrigerate for about 10 minutes.
- Once the refrigeration is done, coat the rolled chicken breast with flour. Dip in the bowl containing whisked eggs and then coat with breadcrumbs. Repeat the same process once more to get each chicken breast more crispy Chicken Kiev.
- Take every Do the process with remaining chicken breasts. Cover the plate with aluminium foil or a plate and keep in the refrigerator for 20 -30 minutes.
- Place oil in a non-stick frying pan to cover the base. Heat over medium heat.Add pinch of salt (when you deep fry something, add pinch of salt in oil, the recipe absorbs less oil is what is believed)
- Heat oil in a pan and deep fry the chicken pieces on low flame till golden brown and crisp. Drain on absorbent paper/kitchen towel. Cook the remaining chicken breasts in the same way.
- Serve Cheesy Chicken Ala Kiev Recipe (Chicken With Garlic Cheese) along with Quick Vegetable Noodles Recipe, Rosemary Roasted Potatoes & Pepper Salad Recipe and mashed potatoes for a mini meal.