Lehsuni Methi Paneer is a creamy and delicious North Indian Gravy that is usually served in restaurants. Serve it with Smoked Makhani Dhaba Style Dal, Jeera Rice, Tomato Onion Tadka Raita and Garlic Naan for a house party.
There are variety of delicious paneer dishes that you come across in restaurants, mainly in North Indian Restaurants. Lehsuni Methi Paneer dish is one of those dishes in which Paneer is cooked with Kasuri Methi and Garlic creamy gravy.
A rich creamy paneer gravy made with roasted crushed dry fenugreek leaves or methi and chopped garlic. You can also make this Curry for your house parties or if you have some guests coming at your place for Lunch/Dinner.
Serve Lehsuni Methi Paneer Recipe along with Smoked Makhani Dhaba Style Dal, Jeera Rice, Tomato Onion Tadka Raita and Garlic Naan for a house party.
You can also make Lehsuni Methi Paneer Recipe for a weekday lunch along with Palak Raita and Phulka.
Cuisine: North Indian
How to make Lehsuni Methi Paneer Recipe - Paneer Curry Flavoured With Fenugreek And GarlicPrint This
100 grams Paneer (Homemade Cottage Cheese)
4 Green Chillies
1 tablespoon Kasuri Methi (Dried Fenugreek Leaves)
8 Whole cashews
1 teaspoon Curd (Dahi / Yogurt)
2 tablespoons Fresh cream
1 inch Ginger
8 cloves Garlic , + 8 cloves extra cloves required (chopped)
1 teaspoon Garam masala powder
1 teaspoon Butter
Salt, to taste
1/4 cup Coriander (Dhania) Leaves , finely chopped
1 teaspoon Cooking oil
- To begin making the Lehsuni Methi Paneer recipe, firstly soak the cashews in a bowl with required water for about an hour.
- After an hour, drain the water and grind cashew to make a smooth paste adding little water in a mixer grinder. Scoop out the mixture and keep aside.
- Next, add ginger, garlic and green chillies in a mixer grinder and grind adding little water. Keep it aside.
- Next, in a big bowl, add ginger garlic and chilli paste, fresh cream, curd, cashew paste, salt and mix everything to form a uniform mixture.
- Add paneer cubes in it and mix again so that the paneer is cover with the marination mixture properly. Keep it aside for 30 minutes.
- After 30 minutes, heat oil in a heavy bottomed pan. Add the Paneer mixture in it and let it cook for about a minute. Stir it with a light spatula as we dont want to break the paneer.
- Add salt and cook it on low heat for about 3 to 4 minutes. Next, dry roast the dry fenugreek leaves, crush them in between your palms and add it into the Lehsuni Methi Paneer gravy.
- Mix properly and add 1/4 cup warm water. Let the water come to boil. Once it comes to boil, cover the pan with a lid and let it cook for another 3 to 4 minutes. Switch off the gas and keep it aside.
- Heat butter in a another pan and add chopped garlic. Cook the garlic till it turns brown and mix it into the Lehsuni Methi Paneer
- Transfer the Lehsuni Methi Paneer into a serving bowl and garnish with coriander leaves.It is ready to be served.