Marble Rasmalai recipe is totally my invention . It is a new variation for chocolate and rasmalai lovers . My daughter just loves this sweet . It is delicious, tasty and satisfy your craving for chocolate . I gave a fusion twist to this recipe by adding it with cocoa powder and chocolate syrup .
Rasmalai- a popular Indian sweet
Rasmalai is one of the popular sweet in Indian households among different kind of Indian sweets. It is made during various festivals and special occasions . Rasmalai is sweetened and flattened chhena or paneer balls soaked in sweetened and reduced milk flavoured with saffron and cardamom . If you want to make it in the authentic way , you can try this recipe Traditional Rasmalai
Now you can relish this delightful sweet having both rasamalai and chocolate flavour to fulfill your sweet and chocolate craving . You can prepare this incredibly delicious sweet on kids birthdays, kitty parties, buffets and even on office parties. This soft and melt-in-the-mouth recipe is sure to impress your family , friends and guests . Give your meal a perfect ending with this delicious. To enhance the taste and make the recipe more attractive . Try this easy and yummy sweet and treat your taste buds !
You can try few sweets recipes from my blog
Author – Moumita Malla
Course – Dessert
Cuisine – Bengali Fusion
How to make Marble RasmalaiPrint This
Ingredients Of Making Rasmalai Patties
- Cow Milk- 2 Litres
- Lemon Juice-1 full lemon (if required add more lemon juice )
- Sooji or Semolina -1teaspoon
- Rose Water-1/2tsp
- Cocoa Powder – 2 teaspoons
- Cow Milk-1ltr
- Sugar -1/4cup ( you can add more if required )
- Cardamom powder-1/4 teaspoon
- A pinch of saffron soaked in 1teaspoon warm milk
- Rose water -1teaspoon or a drop of rose essence
- Saffron Strands -few
- Almonds(soaked and peeled)-10 cut into thin sliced
- Cashew nuts -5 (sliced
- Pistachios or Pesta-5(sliced)
- Chocolate Syrup – 2 tablespoons
- Take a heavy bottomed vessel , add milk .
- Bring it to boil and keep stirring to avoid burning of milk .
- Once the milk comes to boil, simmer the gas, start adding the lemon juice and keep stirring ( if required , add more lemon juice ) cook for few seconds until the milk solids gets separates from the whey . Switch off the heat .
- Pour this curdled milk to the already lined muslin cloth over a strainer , squeeze out all the whey water then rinse chena under the tap water as much as possible , if you do not rinse the chena or paneer properly , you will get the smell of lemon while having it .
- Now hang the cloth covered chena or paneer tap for 30 minutes . Then remove it from tap and place a heavy weight on chena for another 30 minutes . It will help to squeeze more water from chena or paneer .
- After that , remove the cheesecloth from the chenna or paneer .
- The chena or paneer should not have too much moisture nor be too dry .
- Take the paneer in a wider plate. Add 1 tsp sooji or rava or semolina , adding sooji or semolina helps to bind the mixture .
- First mix the sooji with chenna and then begin to knead for 5 minutes .
- Now divide the paneer or chena into two equal portions.
- Take one part , mix Hershey’s chocolate syrup with it .
- Knead it well with your palms for 5 to 6 minutes to get smooth texture .
- Now take small portions from both Hershey’s chocolate syrup mixed chenna or paneer and normak paneer or chena , roll them together between your palms to make a smooth tiny balls and then press lightly to make patties , taking care that there are no cracks .
- In the mean time , you can make sugar syrup . Take a large pan , take 2 cups sugar and 3 cups water and bring it to boil.
- You have to use a large pot or pan so that there is enough space for the rasgmalais to cook and increase in size .
- Mix and continue stir the sugar syrup until it will be dissolved , do this process on medium flame.
- When the sugar syrup will start to boiling , drop the rasmalai patties gently to the sugar syrupv, drop them according to the size of your pan. Rasamalais need more space to be cooked , the size of the rasgullas will be doubled on cooking on sugar syrup .
- Cover the vessel with lid , cook 25 minutes on medium flame . Open the lid and gently stir every 5 minutes to ensure even cooking and puffing .
- Turn off the gas , transfer the Rasmalai Patties into a serving bowl without sugar syrup , let them be cool . After cooling down you can press the rasmalai patties in your palms . Be gentle and don’t apply too much of pressure , as then the rasmalaies will break . There should be no sugar syrup in the Rasmalais.
- Heat milk in a saucepan and bring it to boil , when milk will start boiling. Reduce the heat to medium . Stir continuously to keep milk from sticking to the bottom of the vessel .
- Add sugar and stir till it dissolves , and add saffron soaked milk . Add cardamom powder . Cook until it’s volume is reduced to half portion .
- Simmer the gas and drop rasmalai patties into this milk gently . Add 3/4th portion of chopped dry fruits.
- Let the milk to be cool . Then pour same quantity milk into two bowls , add chocolate syrup in one bowl ‘s milk and mix .
- Switch off the heat , transfer the Rasmalai to the serving bow one by one with spatula .
- Pour normal milk and chocolate milk on them .
- Let them come to room temperature , then keep in the refrigerator for 3-4 hours .
- Marbel Rasmalai is ready to serve . Enjoy your diwali with this rasmalai