A creamy and excotic paneer dish
There are variety of delicious paneer dishes that you come across in restaurants, mainly in North Indian Restaurants . Paneer Peshwari dish is one of those dishes in which Paneer is cooked with onions cashews gravy . Paneer Peshwari is a creamy , rich, paneer (Indian cottage) dish cooked in Peshawari style. Peshawar , a frontier state in Pakistan , is popular of its exotic, rich, creamy and spicy foods.
The main ingredients of this dish are freshly crushed coriander seeds , dry red chillies , cream and kasuri methi . These give a nice aroma and differentiate it from other paneer dish . Paneer does not have any taste for itself . The taste of paneer depends on how it is cooked . There is so many different paneer preparation in all over India , every gravy is different from each other . The aroma of this dish comes from the nice smell of crushed coriander seeds and kasuri methi .
Perfect choice for lunch or dinner menu
Paneer Peshwari will make a great dish to go along with any Indian Breads like naan, roti, kulcha. or any Indian rice preparation like polau and biriyani . The taste of this dish will increase when you make this with homemade Paneer . If you like it more rich , you can cook this dish using ghee or clarified butter . This will surely add on some extra taste to this dish . You have some sudden guests dropping by and you want to prepare something exotic , then this delicious yet simple recipe can be a perfect choice . You just need all the ingredients in place to make this super delicious paneer dish . I can bet this delicious paneer dish with some hot steamed rice , polau , roti or naan will make your lunch or dinner more delightful .
You can find more Paneer dishes from this blog .
Author – Moumita
Cuisine – Indian
Course – Main
How to make Paneer PeshwariPrint This
- Onions.- 2 (cut into half )
- Paneer -250gm (cut into small cubes).
- Ginger Garlic Paste -2 teaspoons
- Green chilli paste- of 2 chilies
- Red chilies-2
- Coriander seeds-1 tablespoon
- Fresh cream-2 tablespoons
- Cashew Paste – 2 tablespoons (soaked 6 -8 cashew nuts into warm water and then make a fine paste adding little bit water )
- Green Cardamoms-2
- Bay leaf-1
- Cinnamon stick -1inch
- Kasuri methi -1/2 teaspoon
- Garam Masala Powder – 1/2 teaspoon
- Yogurt-2 tablespoons (beaten with 1 teaspoon water)
- Green Capsicum or bell paper -1 (cut into thin sliced )
- Salt to taste
- Sugar-1/2 teaspoon
- Almonds -4 (soaked, peeled and cut into thin slices)(for garnishing
- Chopped Coriander leaves – 1 / 4cup
- Add 1/2 cup water in a heat proof bowl , bring it to boil , when the water will start boiling , add halved cut onions . Cook for 5 minutes on medium flame . Switch off the gas , remove onions from heat , strain the water and grind the boiled onions to make a fine paste.
- Dry roast coriander seeds and red chilies and grind to make a fine powder .
- Heat oil in a pan , add bay leaf , green cardamom and cinnamon stick.
- add onions paste , fry till onions are soft and light brown .
- Add ginger garlic paste and green chilies paste , and cook until the raw smell of masala goes away .
- Add dry roasted coriander powder and red chilies powder . Cook until oil gets separated .
- Now add the sliced green capsicum or bell peppers .
- Add salt and sugar .
- Add 1/2 cup of water and bring it to boil on high flame , when water will start boiling simmer the heat on medium. Cover with lid and cook for 3-4 minutes until gravy is semi thickened .
- Open the lid , add paneer cubes and mix well with gravy .
- Add cashew paste, cream and the kasuri methi , garam masala powder and 1 teaspoon ghee. Cover with lid and cook for 2 minutes.
- Switch off the heat , transfer into a serving bowl . Garnish with chopped coriander leaves and sliced almonds flakes .